PAEPI sponsors capability building training
The Philippine Association of Extension Program Implementors (PAEPI) sponsored a two-day national training on ‘Capability Building for Extension Program Implementors and Professionals’ at Bayview Park Hotel, Manila, 16-17 November.
Ms. Shirlyn M. Rom, GAD Resource Center staff attended the said training, with the theme “Community Engagement as a Pathway towards Relevance and Advancement in Philippine Higher Education”.
On the first day, speakers discussed the following topics:
- Considerations for Planning the Extension Programs of the Future by Dr. Napoleon K. Juanillo, Jr., Director IV, Office of Planning, Research and Knowledge Management (OPRKM) of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Initiatives and Policies towards Strengthening Extension Services in Philippine Higher Education by Dr. Anthony M. Penaso, president, Caraga State University, ‘Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges (PASUC)
- Agri-preneurship Ecosystem and the Agriculture-based Higher Educational Institutions by Dr. William D. Dar, president, Inang Lupa Movement, Inc., Quezon City
- Passion and Corporate Social Responsibility towards Inclusive Agribusiness Development by Ms. Noemi C. Liangco, manager of Amancio Farm and Hotel and business entrepreneur, Cordeon, Isabela
The second day was highlighted with lectures on the following topics:
Monitoring and Evaluation of Research and Extension Programs and Projects by Ms. Vanessa V. Cariedo, head, Communication and Public Affairs, ASEAN Center for Biodiversity, ERDB, UP Los Baños
- Innovation Platform for Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development: A New Paradigm in Extension Modalities by Dr. William C. Medrano, Vice President for Research, Development Extension and Training (RDET), Isabel State University and former CHED commissioner
- Potentials of Farm Tourism and Farm to Table Dining by Ms. Angelica F. Costales, president of Costales Farm and business entrepreneur.