The Extension Services performs the third major function of Cavite State University. It links this educational institution with the community through the conduct of non-formal education and trainings; technology demonstration and technology transfers to farmers, fisherfolks, women and children, persons with disabilities out-of-school youth, disadvantaged families and/or households, workers, migrants and other clients; and other community development activities.
It performs overall coordinative function among the Colleges and Campuses’ extension-related activities. It is tasked to perform the major extension activity of the University and to assist in the conduct, evaluation and monitoring of the extension activities of the different colleges and satellite campuses as facilitated by its five divisions.
- The Extension Monitoring and Evaluation Division is responsible for the overall monitoring and evaluation of the ongoing extension projects of the colleges and campuses of the University.
- The Community Engagement and External Relations Division is responsible for the implementation of activities pertaining to community development which include community needs assessment, extension programs and other outreach activities.
- The Training and Courseware Development Division plans and conducts training programs based on the needs of the target communities/clienteles.
- The Technology Demonstration Farm Division oversees the operations of the Techno-Demo Farm and showcases matured technologies.
- The Technology Promotion Division validates and packages appropriate and matured technology for delivery/transfer.
Banner Extension Program
The CvSU Poverty Alleviation Program through Ugnayan 2.0 Approach is the new banner extension program of Cavite State University and is the updated version of the previous Ugnayan Program which was originally intended as a unified research and extension program focused on rural development and improving the lives of the community. Ugnayan is a Tagalog word which connotes coordination and cooperation.
This banner extension program will continue the goal of the former extension program to improve the lives of the community and to help in alleviating poverty in Cavite. The approach of this program is to establish communication, coordination, cooperation, and collaboration among the University’s colleges and satellite campuses, public and private industries, and other stakeholders in providing necessary knowledge and technical assistance to target communities. The program will be anchored towards poverty alleviation with specific focus on delivering the matured technologies generated from the researches of the University to the community based on their needs.
For any concern, feel free to contact us through the following: Landline: (046) 862-0859 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org